MySavings.com strongly believes in our users' privacy.
Protecting our users' personal information is important to MySavings.com and we value our users' trust. If you have any questions about our privacy policies or the data that we have stored on you, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
WHEN DO WE COLLECT DATA - WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT - HOW DO WE COLLECT IT - WHY DO WE COLLECT AND STORE IT
When creating an account, the Site will collect a user's PII, including but not limited to their name, email address, shipping address, and demographic information such as gender, zip code, preferences, or other information that may not be tied to their PII. A user must have a valid email address to create an account. The information that a user provides will initially be used to create a user account, and we may send a registration confirmation email to that user that they may need to confirm the accuracy of their account information.
Below is a list of information that we store in our database and how we use that data:
DATA STORED IN OUR DATABASE FOR EACH USER
DATA STORED IN USER COOKIES
- USERNAME and PASSWORD: We collect and store a username and password for each account to allow a user to be able to sign in to their account. We collect this data from the registration and login forms.
- GUID: This is a unique identifier that is associated with a user cookie that we plant when a user visits the web site and does not already have an existing GUID cookie. We read this data when a user visits the site and it allows us to distinguish between anonymous users and we also utilize it for internal traffic and user behavior analysis.
- IP ADDRESS: We collect a user's ip address each time they visit the web site. We store the user's ip address for internal traffic analysis, user behavior analysis, and for fraud protection.
- HTTP_REFERER and UTM_SOURCE: These fields indicate the origin web site or a key to the origin from where the user originated when they visited the site and created their account. We collect this data when a user visits the site and use it for traffic and user behavior analysis, as well as marketing and search engine optimization.
- TITLE, FIRST NAME, LAST NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS, POSTAL CODE, COUNTRY, and BIRTH DATE: This is a user's personal account information which we collect when a user creates an account. We use this information to identify that they are indeed a real and unique person. We determine a user's gender using the title, which we use for demographic analysis and personalization. We use the user's first and last name for personalization on the site. We use email address to send out notification and we may also pass it along to a third party service (see THIRD PARTY SERVICES). A user's postal code and country are used for behavior and geographic analysis of our users. Country is also used to display a country specific version of the site to each logged in user. We store a user's birth date as a security measure for password retrieval and it is used for demographic analysis of our users.
- We also track a few marketing fields when a user visits the site, including PROMO_ID, AFFILIATE_USERNAME, AFFILIATE_CAMPAIGN, AFFILIATE_SUB, which are fields that we use for analytis and optimizing marketing campaigns.
- REFERRAL USERNAME: We track the username of the person who referred a user through a referral link, so we can give credit for a refer a friend program
- TIMESTAMPS: We track the date that your account was created, last updated, the date of your last login so we can do user analytics and inactivate users who have become inactive. We collect this data when a user visits the site, creates an account, updates their account, and/or logs into their account.
- OFFER CLICKS: When a user clicks on an offer, we track that action so that we can keep track of most popular offers and recommend other offers that users may like.
- SEARCH LOG: When a user performs a search on the site, we record the event and the search terms for what users search for on the web site, so that we can know what our users are looking for and can provide a better experience to them.
- EMAIL ADDRESS CONFIRMATION: When a user confirms their email address, via the welcome email that we send after registration, we track this event to confirm that the email address is valid.
- EMAIL NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBES and UNSUBSCRIBES: We record a log when a user subscribes and unsubscribes of our email newsletters to be able to provide them with our newsletter service. This data serves as a backup to our email list stored at our email providers (see THIRD PARTY SERVICES), and also allows us to analytic subscription and unsubscription trends.
- LAYOUT PREFERENCE: When a user choses a layout preference for the site, we track this information so that we can customize the layout to their preference.
- LOGINS: When a user logs into the site, we record the event so that we can keep track of which users are active and which users are not active. This gives us important analytics data on our users and user retention and allows us to clean out records of inactive users from our database.
- USER OFFER RATINGS: When a user rates an offer, we record this information that we can display ratings based on what other users have rated a particular offer.
- USER NOTES: Custom service may track notes for each user to keep a log of support interactions with each user.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES:
- USERNAME: We plant a username cookie when a user logs in or creates an account to be able to automatically log the user on when they return to the site.
- USER_PASSWORD: We plant an encrypted password cookie when the user logs in or creates an account to be able to automatically log the user on when they return to the site.
- REMEMBER_USER: We plant a remember_user cookie when a user logs in or creates an account to let the system know if the user should be automatically logged on when they visit the site.
- USER_ID: We plant a user_id cookie when the logs in or creates an account which is a unique field associated with that user. We use this data for many purposes of funcionality throughout the site to be able to associate data throughout different tables back to the user record
- USER_GUID: We plant a USER_GUID cookie for all users when they visit the site, regardless of if they have sign up or not. The USER_GUID is a unique field assigned to each user of the site that does not already have a USER_GUID cookie. We use the USER_GUID in much the same way as the USER_ID, but for all users, regardless of whether or not they have created a user account. The USER_GUID allows us to track different user behavior on our site that we use to analyze user traffic patterns and behavior.
- USER_TRACKING_DT_VISITED_LAST: When a user visits the site, we plant a cookie with the date. We use this data to analyse user traffic patterns and behavior
- VIEW_PREFERENCE: When a user selects a preference for the layout of the site, we plant this cookie to keep track of a user's page layout preference.
- FDB-CLICKED: We plant this cookie to know if a user came to our site from one of our newsletters so that we know that they are already receiving our newsletters and we do not need to aggressively attempt to push newsletter subscription to them.
- NEWSLETTER_SUBSCRIBE_SUBMIT and EMAIL-SUB-CLICK: When a submits a newsletter subscription request, we plant these cookies so that the system read them and will not aggressively attempt to push newsletter subscriptions to them for a certain period of time.
- CMI Marketing, Inc. d/b/a CafeMedia: This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia ("CafeMedia") for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia's data usage, click here.
- Brandcaster: An advertising network that we use to display ads and coupons on our web site
- Grocery Coupon Network, Redplum, Smartsource, Hopster
- LiveIntent: An advertising network that is used to display ads in some of our email newsletters
- Google Adsense: An advertising network that we use to display ads on our web site.
- Google Analytics: A web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic.
- Google Tag Manager: A tag management system that allows us to update tags and code snippets on our website.
- Feedblitz: An email service that we use to send out daily email newsletters and marketing emails to our subscribers
- Feedburner: An RSS to Email service that we use to send out automated daily email newsletters to our subscribers
- Facebook: We use facebook comments to allow users to comment on certain content as well as other widgets and features that facebook offers for web sites.
In addition, we might receive information about a user from other sources. We may add the information that we receive about a user to their existing account information. We also automatically receive and record certain types of information every time a user visits a Site, including but not limited to their IP address. We use "cookies" and the other information to enhance a user's experience and present them with personalized offers. See "Cookies and IP Addresses" section below.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT:
MySavings.com is committed to ethical and responsible e-mail practices and, with a user's prior consent, we, or a third party partner company on behalf of MySavings.com, may, from time to time, send commercial e-mails, offers, promotions and other information. We strive to make sure that all commercial e-mails sent to our users are compliant with the Can-Spam Act of 2003. Site users may opt-out of receiving commercial e-mails sent by or on behalf of MySavings.com by clicking on the opt-out link contained in the body of any commercial e-mail sent or also by updating their preferences in the user's "Account" page.
Links To Other Sites:
Offers and Surveys:
We use other trusted third party partner companies to host short surveys and/or offers which, with a user's consent, will collect their PII in order to supply them with information about or sign them up for various offers and services. A Site owned or operated by MySavings.com may pass a user's PII to a third party partner company to be used to provide targeted offers and/or pre-populate offer forms with the user's PII. If a user agrees to participate in a special offer hosted by a third party partner, their PII included in the short survey or offer form will be transferred by our third party partners to the appropriate advertiser referenced in the survey or offer. A user is provided with the option of exiting the survey or offer process of our third party business partners at any time prior to submitting their personal information to such third party business partner offer or survey. A user must consent to each offer on an individual basis for their PII to be recorded or used again by the third party partner or advertiser. MySavings.com may not have access to any additional information that a user provides to third party hosted sites.
To try to provide our users offers that are of interest to them, we have relationships with other reputable third party companies that may periodically send to our users commercial e-mail on behalf of MySavings.com, send direct postal mailings, or contact them via telemarketing with information on various discount offers, products and services, upcoming events, or other information. These businesses may include providers of direct marketing services and applications, including lookup and reference, data enhancement, suppression and validation and email marketing. At any time, you may choose to unsubscribe from third party commercial e-mail messages by logging into your user account on the Site and updating your e-mail preferences, or clicking on the unsubscribe link in the body of the e-mail message and entering the e-mail address that you wish to unsubscribe from further commercial e-mail messages from third parties. Keep in mind that if you take advantage of an offer from a third party business partner and thus, become their customer, they may independently wish to send offers to you. In the event that you are not interested in receiving future offers from these affiliates, you must contact them directly to fulfill your list removal request.
If a user prefers not to have their PII released to our third party partners for purposes other than e-mail, including but not limited to postal mailing, they should let us know by sending their account email address and/or user ID to: MySavings.com | 5130 N Federal Hwy Suite 10 | Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308.
Refer a Friend:
As part of the service, a user may refer their "friends" to the Site. The "Refer a Friend" emails that a user initiates from the "Refer a Friend" page of will be sent out by MySavings.com on their behalf. We collect referral email addresses only for logging, sending, and tracking the "Refer a Friend" email that a user initiates. We will log referral email addresses to keep a record of them and to associate it with an original user's account, and will never use them outside of the scope of the "Refer a Friend" process.
Orders and Shipping:
If a user places an order from a Site owned or operated by MySavings.com, their PII may be sent to third party companies with the sole purpose to fulfill the order and provide customer service for that order.
Cookies and IP Addresses:
To serve our users better Sites owned or operated by MySavings.com use "cookies" technology. Cookies are small bits of information that a Site places on the hard drive of a user's computer. Cookies remember information about a user and their activities on our site and enable MySavings.com to make a user's visits to our site more customizable or more automated. For example, cookies can store a user's account information for easy logon to a web site that they have previously visited or can save their preferences for a personalized home page.
Sites owned or operated by MySavings.com also keep track of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP Address is an identifier used by computer networks to identify a computer on a local network or on the Internet.
Third-party Advertisers that serve ads onto the Site may also use their own cookies and IP address tracking methods.
in order to learn more about the "opt-out" procedures of some of these third parties.
IN WHAT CASES IS USER INFORMATION SHARED:
As set forth in the section "HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT", MySavings.com may submit a user's PII to third party business partners for various reasons. The following describes some of the additional ways that a user's information may be disclosed.
Business Partners & Sponsors:
MySavings.com may disclose a user's PII to trusted business partners or sponsors in order to process offers that a user have consented to, to display or provide targeted offers to that user, and to pre-populate offer forms with the user's PII to facilitate the sign up process of an offer. Some or all data collected on the Site may be shared with a business partner. For example, a user may consent to the transfer of their PII by affirmatively submitting their PII to such business partner by participating in their survey and submitting the information to the business partner.
Sale, Merge or Acquisitions:
MySavings.com may also disclose account information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating MySavings.com Site policies or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) MySavings.com rights or property, other MySavings.com's users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. MySavings.com may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and improve our products and services. Lastly, MySavings.com may disclose a users e-mail address as part of a suppression file or do-not-e-mail list to its partners and affiliates to make sure that a users unsubscribe requests are forwarded to the appropriate parties to ensure removal of the user from partner and affiliate databases in compliance with law, including without limitation, the Can-Spam Act of 2003.
All user accounts on Sites owned or operated by MySavings.com are optional. At any time, a user may log into their user Account or Member page to update their PII, account information, and e-mail preferences or cancel their user account. The Site may send an account update or cancellation email to the user as a means to confirm any change to or deactivation of their account. To protect a user's account information, they must login with their email address and user ID to access their account page and PII. We recommend that you do not divulge your user ID to anyone, and that you keep your account information up to date, especially if you change your e-mail address. MySavings.com will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also remember to logoff a Site and close your browser window when you are done using the Site. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library.
The security of our users' PII is extremely important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect user personal information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that a third party might not unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or that others might not abuse or misuse a user's personal information that they may illegally collect from the Site.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our services are not written, intended, or designed for children under the age of 13.
Disclaimer of Liability:
Under no circumstances shall MySavings.com be liable for any damages, including, but not limited to, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, that result from the use of the information or materials posted to or collected as a result of the user's accessing the Site or use of the service provided by MySavings.com, even if MySavings.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Security of the Data Collected:
MySavings.com Sites are not secure web sites. Our Sites cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security of any information collected by use, transmitted over the Internet, or maintained in your user profile. You agree that any data transmission you make or receive through the Site is at your own risk.
MySavings.com may store user data indefinitely. From time to time, MySavings.com may archive or delete user data that is no longer relevant or useful or data from users that have been inactivate for extended periods of time. Cookies may be cleared manually by users or may expire after an extended period of time.
Data Review and Delete Requests:
A user may request to review any information that we have stored on them by submitting a request email at [email protected]
. A user make also make a request that we delete or make anonymous any data that we have stored on them by submitting a request to [email protected]
Last Updated 05/24/2018